Paigey from A Vintage Girls World was kind enough to pass the Stylish Blogger Award to me! I`m supposed to list 7 facts about myself then pass it on to 7 other bloggers so here it goes:
1) I'm addicted to lattes. They are perfect for a relaxing afternoon or a hardcore study session. The caffeine in regular lattes tends to make me overly jittery though, so I normally end up with a chai latte instead.
2) I love old-fashioned detective stories! I can think of nothing better than curling up with an Agatha Christie novel or sitting in front of the TV watching the latest Mystery on PBS. I have to admit I have always had a MAJOR crush on Sherlock Holmes (aka the sexiest fictional character of all time...) and one of my goals in life is to become Miss Marple.
3) Old mechanical things fascinate me. I think that's part of the reason I am so drawn to old typewriters and telephones.
4) My favourite smell in the entire world is the smell of old books. I love that almost sweet smell old books get. (I would say I like the smell of old paper in general but most of my magazines smell more musty/slightly moldy rather than sweet haha)
5) I'm terribly nosy! I love reading old postcards and letters from the 1900's and 1910's, although sometimes I feel rather guilty about reading someone else's mail! I have a couple diary's from the 1920's on my wishlist at the moment that I'm hoping to buy when I have a bit more money.
6) Although I'm working towards getting a degree in Math I have realized that it's not really what I want to do with my life. I only have a year left so I will finish my degree, but I would love to run my own business of some sort instead of working an office job somewhere. I highly doubt my ability to earn a living with my own business so I will likely need to tutor part time or something though...
7) I craft obsessively, especially when I can't sleep. Seriously, I've been having problems sleeping lately and I end up crafting at 3am.... I just realized I haven't done a DIY post since May! Anyone have any suggestions of something they would like to see? I can normally figure out how to make something at least similar to an item if I'm given a picture :)
Pass if on if you want to, or don't if awards aren't your thing :)
And before I go I must mention that I just discovered how much fun making Treasury lists on Etsy is!! So far I've made two. The first one I made was A Trip Back in Time which was inspired by the 1920s and 30s. Then yesterday I took a break from studying to make And All That Jazz which is inspired by 1920's flappers and the prohibition.